Tuesday 15 May 2018

Failing to sleep

Muffled murmurs like clangers in the moon pits,
Equally restless earwigs preventing me from drifting,
every whisper leaves me seething.
Little patters in the walls,
echoed voices in the halls,
ghosts of common equity, the recently deceased.

I want to cave your fucking head in.
I just want to reach sweet dreams but
when I’m counting sheep,
the only bleat I hear
is from your lips
shut them up.

I’m getting sleep less,
midnight is not for the selfless,
you want to help us?
Pin your throat shut,
strap yourself down,
before the throbbing in my head forces me
to put you underground.

Impatient pacing laced with self-obsessed complacency.
I’m not impatient just exhausted with the vagrancy.

The man inside the basement placing strains upon me mentally.

No comments:

Post a Comment